Want to break into politics?
Apply for the 2015 Vermont Democratic Party Summer Fellows Program!
The deadline for Summer Fellowship Applications has passed, but if you're interested in working with the VDP, please feel free to reach out anytime!
Do you have a passion for politics? Do you want to make positive change in your community? Do you want to learn what it takes to organize and execute grassroots campaigns?
Then you belong at the VDP.
The Vermont Democratic Party encourages all interested candidates to apply to our 2015 Summer Fellowship Program! While the position will entail a number of specific responsibilities, the underlying goal of the fellowship will be to work with VDP staff, and county, and town officials to increase the communication, collaboration, and sense of community among Democrats across all regions of Vermont.
Though fellows will gain primary experience in the areas of field work, grassroots organizing, and data analysis, there may also be supplemental opportunities to learn about finance, messaging, etc.
The Vermont Democratic Party will be seeking to fill 5-7 positions in the following geographic regions:
- Northwestern – Addison, Chittenden, Grand Isle, and Franklin Counties
- Southwestern – Rutland & Bennington Counties
- Northeast Kingdom – Caledonia, Essex, & Orleans Counties
- Southeastern – Windsor & Windham Counties
- Capital Region – Washington, Orange, & Lamoille Counties
Additional Program Details:
- ~20 hours per week
- Fellowship/practicum credit provided whenever possible!
- Possibility of working remotely when appropriate
- Expected participation from early June to Late August 2015
- New friends, experiences, and an invaluable introduction to politics in Vermont!
All interested candidates should note their preferred regional choices and submit their resume and cover letter by Friday, May 1st, 2015.
*Please feel free to contact VDP Field Director, Cameron Russell, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!