The Vermont Democratic Party (VDP) is hiring a Constituency Organizing Manager for the 2020 Coordinated Campaign. The Constituency Organizing Manager will be responsible for building relationships with community leaders, communities of color, immigrants, New Americans, students, and activist groups, growing grassroots support, and connecting new voters with the VDP.
- Outreach to community leaders and activist groups across Vermont, particularly, students, communities of color, immigrants and New Americans.
- Meet weekly goals for community engagement and voter registration.
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers.
- Attend grassroots and activist group meetings (virtual) as a representative of the Coordinated Campaign.
- Work with the VDP Data Manager to manage voter contact and volunteer events and actions, record voter ID data, and update voter and volunteer information.
- Organizing events such as candidate meet and greets and virtual house parties
- Other duties as assigned
- At least one cycle of campaign work, either as a volunteer or paid staff member.
- Experience working with a broad coalition of grassroots organizations and/or experience working organizing in diverse communities.
- Experience with voter registration and Get Out the Vote efforts
- Experience managing volunteers.
- Experience using Votebuilder and MobilizeAmerica.
- Experience phone banking and text banking.
- Commitment to Democratic values and the platform of the VDP
- A passion for
Competitive annual salary starting with fully paid health, dental, and vision insurance. This position is part of a unionized team represented by USW Local 4.
To apply, email your cover letter, resume, and three references to Claire Cummings at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate Constituency Organizing Manager in the subject.
Please direct any questions to Claire Cummings at email@example.com