The Vermont Democratic Party (VDP) is hiring a Deputy Organizing Director for the 2020 Coordinated Campaign. The Deputy Organizing Director will help train and manage the field team, as well as work with the Executive Director, the Organizing Director, and the Data Manager to develop and implement the Coordinated Campaign field plan.
- Manage, train, and mentor field organizers, including holding field staff accountable for weekly goals and metrics.
- Conduct weekly 1:1 meetings with members of the field team.
- Assist in the creation of scripts, survey questions, online content, and training materials for the field team.
- Provide trainings and field plan updates to the field team as needed.
- Work closely with the Organizing Director and the Data Manager to ensure effective use and accurate reporting of field plan results.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 cycles of campaign experience, field experience preferred.
- Management experience; volunteer management acceptable.
- Experience on-boarding and training new staff and/or volunteers.
- Experience using Votebuilder and Mobilize.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Commitment to Democratic values and the platform of the VDP.
Competitive annual salary starting with fully paid health, dental, and vision insurance. This position is part of a unionized team represented by USW Local 4.
To apply, email your cover letter, resume, and three references to Claire Cummings at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate Deputy Organizing Director in the subject.
Please direct any questions to Claire Cummings at email@example.com