COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR VERMONT DEMOCRATIC PARTY
- Oversee and manages all communications needs and requests
- Prepare and execute short and long-term communications plans;
- Build and maintain relationships with media professionals across the state;
- Serve as on-the-record spokesperson for the VDP, Party Chairperson, and other principals;
- Handle all media requests and prepare and disseminate communications tools such as press releases, op-eds, public statements, talking points, presentations, media advisories, briefings, and pitch ideas;
- Publicize the mission, activities, and accomplishments of the Vermont Democratic Party to media organizations and constituency groups;
- Develop and execute occasional press events with surrogates and elected officials;
- Collaborate with senior staff on email and social media calendar, list-building initiatives, and maintain content for the website;
- Work with the DNC, campaigns and democratic committees to coordinate press and communications strategy and assist as needed;
- Collaborate with VDP digital and fundraising teams on design and branding
- Three years of professional work in communications, journalism, campaigns or related area;
- Excellent computer and design skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, grammatical and copy-editing skills;
- Ability to think quickly in a fast-paced team environment and work collaboratively;
- Willingness to play a public role in Vermont’s political community
- Ability to work efficiently and independently
- Experience executing traditional and digital communications strategies;
- Keen eye for identifying opportunities and potential risk;
- Knowledge of NGP, VoteBuilder, Adobe, and other related software preferred;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; and
- The ability to work under tight deadlines and adapt quickly to changing work priorities.
Competitive monthly salary with fully paid health, dental, and vision insurance. This position is part of a unionized team represented by USW Local 4.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, email your cover letter, resume, and three references to Scott McNeil at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Communications Director” in the subject. Preference will be given to applicants who submit their application by Wednesday August 19th, 2020.
Please direct any questions to Scott McNeil at email@example.com.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.