Position: Party Affairs and Outreach Director
Organization: Vermont Democratic Party
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Montpelier, VT
The Party Affairs and Outreach Director is a member of the senior staff within the Vermont Democratic Party. The staffer will work with the Executive Director, Party Chair, party officers and leadership to oversee all town and county party outreach and operations of the state party. The Party Affairs and Outreach Director is responsible for connecting local party leaders with the state party and working with town and county parties in maintaining a strong office and party infrastructure to help Democrats win elections up and down the ballot.
To apply for the job, you must have at least 1-2 years of professional nonprofit, business, or political experience. The Party Affairs and Outreach Director must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive, as well as Zoom, and ideally have a Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college or university.
- Serve as the main point of contact of the Vermont Democratic Party for the town and county party leaders, grassroots activists, and allied issues groups. The Party Affairs and Outreach Director serves as a reference person for local party leaders and activists to get questions answered and problems solved.
- Assist the Vermont Democratic Party subcommittee responsible for diversity, equity, and inclusion in fulfilling its mission.
- Maintain the Vermont Democratic Party office by creating regular office hours that party leaders and grassroots activists know they can get questions answered, recruiting in place interns and volunteer leaders to staff and keep the office clean and operating efficiently and other tasks like systems to track office equipment.
- Find national and state resources for training that can be passed to local party leaders in their efforts to win elections.
- Visit county parties to update leaders and members of current updates with the state party and to hear feedback from members.
- Oversee and arrange all Vermont Democratic Party State Committee and Executive Committee meetings.
- Coordinate logistics and planning of major party events, including state convention, platform convention, and party reorganization, as well as help town and county leaders navigate the process.
- Work with local party leaders to recruit new members, organize their area, organize canvasses, phone banks, and house parties, and train them on campaign technologies.
- Oversee the day-to-day administrative functions of the VDP, including onboarding employees and processing bills and reimbursements.
The Vermont Democratic Party is committed to using a diversity, equity, inclusion and access lens to meet its mission.
Competitive salary in the mid-$40,000s with fully paid health, dental, and vision insurance. This position is part of a unionized team represented by USW Local 4.
To apply, email your cover letter, resume, and three references to Bruce Olsson at email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line “Party Affairs and Outreach Director – Your Name”. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Preference will be given to applicants who submit their application by Friday, March 12, 2021.
This position remains open until filled.