Position: Regional Field Director
Organization: Vermont Democratic Party
Reports To: Executive Director/Field Director
Overall Description: The Vermont Democratic Party (VDP) is now accepting applications for a Regional Field Director (RFD) based in its Burlington office. The RFD will work to execute the VDP strategy and grow the grassroots movement for electoral success.
RFDs are responsible for implementing the VDP field plan in Burlington for the March 2020 Burlington city elections, and then their region during the general elections. RFDs will be held accountable to clear metrics of success and will be expected to report progress toward goals in their region on a daily basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing organizing plans for their assigned areas;
- Training Field Organizers (FOs) and volunteers for basic voter contact;
- Coaching FOs and volunteers to effectively recruit, retain, and develop volunteer leaders;
- Ensuring data integrity in their region;
- Planning and executing region-wide events;
- Consulting with city council and other candidates on field strategy.
- Experience managing and training staff
- Skilled in team-based organizing
- Train-the-trainer mentality
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Comfortable with managing from metrics and understands field data
- Familiarity with campaign technology platforms including VAN
- Attention to detail and strategic viewpoints
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- 1 Cycle of field experience as an FO or higher position, preferred
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include fully paid health insurance. All VDP employees are members of United Steelworkers Local 4.
Application Instructions: To apply, email your cover letter, resume, and three references to Scott McNeil at email@example.com. Please indicate Regional Field Director in the subject. Applications will be accepted until December 18th, or until the position is filled.